14th March 2018
As part of the 2018 Bring IT On initiative, Specialisterne NI, in association with Belfast Metropolitan College, invite you to Diverse Talent, a FREE interactive workshop where actors will role play an interview situation and the audience decides who should get the job.
This unique workshop will help you learn about roles in the IT Sector and the skills people on the Autistic Spectrum and people with ADHD may bring to job roles in IT. We will consider unconscious bias and how to identify the best talent for a job role, regardless of the diverse qualities of a job applicant.
This is a funded workshop and aims to help participants:
– be more aware of the talent pools of people on the Autistic Spectrum and people with ADHD in relation to IT roles
– learn about unconscious bias, and how to assess the talents of people who have a different life experience to the interviewer
– learn how to develop the talents of people who have a social communication difference.
Specialisterne NI are Autism at Work Specialists who are part of the international Specialisterne network, working for 14 years and in 13 countries to help autistic people secure rewarding careers. We work across sectors and from graduate to senior management levels. At Bring IT On for Employers: Diverse Talent, we share perspectives of interviews of autistic people, so that you can be more aware of the social communication barriers thereof. Employers tell us this is helpful for recruiting all talent, and not only talented people on the autistic spectrum.
Guest speaker, Emma Weaver of Adult ADHD NI will speak about the perspectives of adults with ADHD.
Emma weaver is a founding director of Adult ADHD NI the leading Adult ADHD organisation in Northern Ireland Emma has 19 year’s experience working within mental health services the majority of these in a management capacity. Emma has extensive knowledge of ADHD and other conditions associated with ADHD
This workshop is aimed at employers, and people involved in developing the careers for people working in, or seeking a career in, the IT sector.
WHEN: Wednesday 14th March 2018
WHERE: Skainos Centre, 239 Newtownards Road , Belfast, BT4 1AF
TIME: 12.30 – 14.00
Refreshments will be provided.
For additional details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is some of the feedback received at previous workshops:
- Role plays from the presenters were very effective
- I enjoyed the pacing and felt all info given was extremely relevant and was not overloaded with info.
- I enjoyed the Role plays/ Great Presenters
- I enjoyed the real-life experiences.
- Brilliant training.
- Good mix of interactive and slides
- Enjoyed the pace of delivery and the fact that the trainers were obviously knowledgeable and passionate about the subject.
- The best part of the training programme.
Please register here: Eventbrite